No Brainer lenses?

Started Aug 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
Fave Photog
Senior MemberPosts: 1,241
Like?
Re: No Brainer lenses?
In reply to inkpensieve, Aug 30, 2010

inkpensieve wrote:

I would pic a dirt cheap D40 and but a fab lens for that but the problem is, I'm in India! Zero market for used gear!

Is there a reason why you can't access eBay? Can you not get items bought on eBay shipped to where you live in India?

eBay is the logical solution to your situation. I would buy Nikon's older manual focus AI-S lenses, which are often as good or optically superior, in some cases, to new lenses, and can be had for pennies on the dollar.

Please see my other post in this thread regarding the Nikon 24/2.8 AI-S with sample pics. That lens has an effective focal length of 36mm on a DX sensor. Then buy a 35/2 AI-S and you will have an equivalent 52.5mm lens. Then buy a 55/2.8 Micro and you will have an equivalent 82.5mm portrait lens, as well as a macro lens.

You can buy the above three lenses on eBay in near mint condition for under $450 USD for all three. All three are superior lenses in all regards.

Best wishes!
--

'He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.'
--Francis of Assisi--

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow