Started Aug 30, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhilPreston3072
Senior MemberPosts: 1,849Gear list
Like?
Picture Style Tweaked for Outdoors
Aug 30, 2010

This is a picture style I've tweaked for shooting outdoors with my 450D. I've pushed the midtones up about 2/3 EV so that the foreground is brighter when exposing for the sky in Wide angle outdoor shots. This is really for anyone reluctant to do post processing. I must caution that this picture style only works correctly when uploaded into the camera and selected for shooting. You can apply the picture style in post in DPP but it will be overly saturated compared to in-camera.

I recommend anyone using this tweaked picture style to shoot in RAW so that you can always fallback to any of the factory picture styles in case something isn't quite right. I've tested it as best as I can but there may be things I missed. Saturation +2 gives more realistic colours. Saturation +3 gives more vivid colours. You can download the picture style from http://www.mediafire.com/file/vo8iq12s9posw91/Faithful%20Tweak%20Outdoor%20Camera%201.pf2
Any feedback is welcome.

Faithful Picture Style

Outdoor tweaked

Faithful Picture Style

Outdoor tweaked

Faithful Picture Style

Outdoor tweaked

Faithful Picture Style

Outdoor tweaked

Faithful Picture Style with +2/3 EV in post.

Outdoor tweaked

Just showing what I've done to the tone curve of the Faithful picture style. You're most welcome to further tweak the picture style and post up any picture styles you've created.

PhilPreston3072's gear list:PhilPreston3072's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow