Started Aug 30, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
felipe-m
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
60D, sorry but... NO AF MA? NO WAY!
Aug 30, 2010

With my canon lenses, it's just too much hassle sending them over for calibration. Also, I can't afford a back-up, so each time I send it, I'm without gear for weeks or more, not acceptable... Lenses and bodies should just work out of the box, but that's not always gonna happen, so MA is VERY useful.

I have canon and 3rd-party primes, and like to use them wide open (1.4 and beyond) so AF MA is simply essential for a high % of critically sharp pics.
Anybody in the same boat?

It's time to upgrade... 7D is still too expensive and heavy for me, and that single feature missing from the 60D will make me very interested in what Nikon, Sony and Pentax will be presenting at Photokina.

I bet Nikon will see this as an opportunity to convince some Canonites to jump the fence by offering MA in their competitor. If they do, I'll be jumping, sadly...

Unless, that is, Canon decides to add it in the production model or very soon via firmware upgrade...

C'mon Canon! it costs you nothing to do it, and even with AF MA the 60D is still VERY different and much lower specd than the 7D!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow