Started Aug 29, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
inkpensieve
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
No Brainer lenses?
Aug 29, 2010

I'm quite new to the DSLR scene, actually not even an official member yet. I've decided to get the new D7000 (hoping the specs match up with the rumors) and a 50mm f1.8 for now.

My questions is, are there any other/alternative no brainer lenses I can buy along with or instead of this one? By no brainer I mean, cheap (sub$200) with almost perfect image quality, something that is found in every photographer's bag kind of stuff. I'll try to skip the kit lens (if Nikon India permits that is) and this will be the only lens I'll be carrying for some months atleast.

I know the 85 f1.4 is going to be super but please keep the affordability factor in mind, I can't really spend $2200 on my first camera and what my folks see as a 2 month old hobby.

Btw I have an idea canon's 50mm f1.8 is legendary in status and am hoping (or might have read somewhere or something) that the nikkor is similar, I could be massively wrong though.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow