Started Aug 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Yoddle Laheehoo
Regular MemberPosts: 101
Like?
Canon MP640 - ink guzzler?
Aug 27, 2010

Hi everybody, I have a Canon MP640 printer. It has good picture quality and good scans but the ink consumption is dramatic. After the original cartridges ran out, I refilled them with ink from inkbank.com.au. The ink consumption is very high. After I turn on the printer it takes several minutes to start up and it looks like it is just purging ink. Yesterday, my yellow and photoblack cartridges were about 1/5th full and after I printed a nozzle check pattern - which took over 5 minutes preparing - yellow and photoblack were both empty. I have to refill the cartridges about every two weeks and I really don't print that much. Maybe 20 A4 and 5 4"x6" photos in two weeks. It looks like almost all of the ink is used during the startup and shutdown of the printer and "preparing" for printing. The only thing that prevents me from discarding this printer is the fact that I still have a large ink supply.

Anyone who recognizes this? Your feedback and tips will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,
Marnix

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow