Bigma 50-500mm Stabilised version - who has it?

Started Aug 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
richiedodson
Regular MemberPosts: 270
Like?
Bigma 50-500mm Stabilised version - who has it?
Aug 26, 2010

I'm a CPS member, all my lenses are L at the moment but this lens would make an awesome carry-everywhere everyday option and at less than 2K Australian Dollars it seems a bargain.

I had a quick test of the non-stabilised version in store the other day (that store didn't have the OS version) and I was very impressed with the focus speed and general feel but OS would certainly make it more useable.

I'm wondering who has it? what do you think of it in real world use? what do you think of the images it creates? are you happy with it?

I compared image quality to the EF70-300 DO by snapping a few instore shots and comparing them when I got home - and much preferred the Sigma. I'm semi interested in the 28-300 L also but this is an order-in lens here in Melbourne so chances of trying one are limited.

I would be using it as a carry around lens along with a wide angle - general purpose - probably not for actual paid work. I am pretty picky about image quality so although I understand it is a super zoom and can't be perfect I would want it to be better than a 'good' consumer lens in IQ

Any comments on the lens warmly received...!
--
'high IQ'

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow