Started Aug 26, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marcus Beard
Senior MemberPosts: 1,123Gear list
Like?
Canon's direction is unappealing to me
Aug 26, 2010

I've had a 40D for 3 years, and a 300D before that. Both have been great camera.

The 7D came out and for me was nearly the perfect upgrade. It's a wonderful camera but......... simply put .......... we do not need that many pixels on an APS-C sensor. Call me troll if you want - but Nikon seems to have a better understanding of what makes an all round good sensor these days. Keeping the resolution to 12Mp of so makes a lot more sense for all the reasons scattered amongst these forums.

Then the 60D is announced. Yuck. The xxD line was brilliant - mid range semi-pro, metal bodied, good ergonomics - and they've killed it off for anyone shooting with an xxD wishing to upgrade.

My wish? Please release a 7D with a LOWER resolution sensor with even better ISO performance. Then I'll upgrade. Right now - I'm stuck, and wishing sometimes that I'd chosen Nikon all those years ago.

Marcus
--
http://www.mbphotography.net

Marcus Beard's gear list:Marcus Beard's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DxONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow