ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PLB82
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Best Camera for Taking Pictures of a New Baby
Aug 24, 2010

Hi,

I'm a complete novice at photography, but my wife is expecting our first child in October, and would really like a nice, new camera for taking lots of baby pictures.

I've read several reviews, but I'm still undecided- mainly since I don't really know which specifications are the most important for what I'm trying to do. It seems like the Nikon D3000 or D5000 or the Canon T1i or Rebel XS are decently priced, quality models, but then again, I'm not sure.

I'm looking for something in the $500 - $800 price range. Again, the primary use will be snapping shots of our daughter for the next few years. I suppose the most important things would be picture quality and how quickly it can capture an image. I know a new DSLR will have somehting of a learning curve, but my wife is willing to put the time in to do it right.

If you have any recommendations on which camera would be best suited for us, and what other equipment I shoudl get (I know there are "starter kits" that offer some accessories with the camera), or even some advice on which specs to ignore and which ones to pay attention to, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow