ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Londongal
Senior MemberPosts: 1,851
Like?
Thoughts on Micro-Nikkor 105mm f 2.8
Aug 24, 2010

Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing the AF-s VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 ED-If lens. I would like a macro lens. The fact that this lens also is said to be a beautiful portrait lens makes it that much more appealing. I want to purchase Nikon, but am totally aware this is NOT the Nikon 105 lens of film days

I've read the reviews at the online stores but would like some feedback here. I find customer reviews are so subjective, particularly due to the varied level of photography experience and skill of the people writing the reviews. The pro/semi pro reviewers rate this lens highly.

One comment that comes up is that the lens has trouble with the auto focus feature. Anyone have or used this lens and would like to comment? At this stage in life (and eyesight!) I don't want to drop mega-bucks on a new lens that I have to continually manually focus. I'm not a professional, but I like to achieve the highest standards I am capable of with photography as well as pp. I currently have 2 D300 bodies, will likely sell one and get a FX, so edge sharpness is important.

I very much appreciate the input of people on this forum.
Thanks, Londongal

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow