No more D2X type DX bodies?

Started Aug 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
Digitalux
Contributing MemberPosts: 821
Like?
Re: Shoot FX and get a longer lens
In reply to cosmicnode, Aug 23, 2010

I fully agree.

There is also a trend in motorsports where protected areas for photographers are pushed further and further from the track.
I use a D3 and a D2X (sold my 2 D300) with lenses up to 600.
I'd buy a DX sensor in a pro body immediately.

I can also think of other sports, like cricket, where the action is quite far away.

Cheers,

Derek

cosmicnode wrote:

I don't think so, that's not always practical, I use a D2X and 200-400 for motor sport, it's the ideal combo, I will get a 1.4X convertor for some tracks for even more reach. Nikon does not make a 300-600mmf4 lens for FX that I could use a 1.4x on for equivalant angle of view, if they did it would be massive and very heavy. If you watch F1 racing on TV you will notice a prevalence of white lenses during the grid walk, most photogs have a 600 f4 lens with their 1.3x crop factor pro bodies, and even use them for portraits from the front of a garage to shoot into the garage. I have seen a few Nikon users with the 200-400 mixed amongst them and the odd black 600mm, but very few. Crop factor rules.
--
Mike

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow