ViewNX 2 early impressions?

Started Aug 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
atigun
Regular MemberPosts: 446
Like?
Re: No luck here...///dual monitor and cache settings
In reply to photoforfun, Aug 23, 2010

photoforfun wrote:

You have to put the cache of NX2 on a separate physical drive while you keep the cache on your C drive or another physical drive (not just on another partition of the same drive.)

Thanks for the suggestion, I have allrready tried the locate the View NX2 cache both on the physical D: drive (my standard setup) and the C: drive where all the programs reside. it did not make any difference. Also, I cleared caches etc. before intallations.

For the record, View NX 1.52 runs for a pretty long time before it crashes on my computer, but it eventually does so after a long session of viewing/sorting/entering IPTC info (I never use it to edit). Capture NX2 is fairly stable, although it has the usual display issues now and then, like not showing thumbnails before clicking in the folder. I have the C++ 2005 installed, but ViewNX2 reported that it installed the 2008 version as part of its installation.

BTW, you image shows the full screen view on the secondary monitor; have you tried to swap them? (probably does not make a difference, I tried swapping mine or display on the same monitor without improvement).

-- hide signature --

Atigun valley, a place north in Alaska

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Aha!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow