Started Aug 22, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trevor Carpenter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,270
Like?
Help me to say goodbye to my FZ50
Aug 22, 2010

Just thought I'd share this very traumatic moment in my life.

Just over a year ago I sold FZ50 number one to support the purchase of an Olympus E-520.
I had two!

The objective was to keep number two as a back up and also because there are some things the FZ50 does better than any DSLR.

Unfortunately I've come to realise that the reason the FZ50 was such a great camera for me was that for several years I always had it with me. There have been times since when it would have been done the job admirably but I didn't have it with me.

I looked back over my old FZ50 pictures and there are things there that would put a lot of DSLRs to shame although I have always been able to see that my E-520 has the edge in some important areas.

Last week after some investigation including this forum I decided to bite the bullet and buy a small comapct that would grab those instantaneous macros/close ups and I could always carry with me even when my main camera would be my E-520 and 70-30O. I chose and ordered a Ricoh R10 even though it is two year old technology a) because it was cheap and b) because I think it is the closest match to filling my need.

To fund that I really should sell my FZ50 but I am finding it so difficult to let go. I know it will get rarely used if I keep it but I never thought it would be this hard to offer it for sale. The head tells me that it will put £150+ in the bank for something I'm not using but my heart just finds it so hard to let go. If I don't sell it, it beomes worthless in a couple of years and I probably won't have used it anyway.

Have you had similar experiences? Help me to say goodbye?
--

Oly e-fivetwenty, seventy-threehundred, eFZed50, Oly TeeCON17, RaynoxDCR150 DCR250
My Galleries are at
http://picasaweb.google.com/trevorfcarpenter

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OlafNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow