Started Aug 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
parkgt
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Small bag for G1 four lens, flash and extras, reviiew and pictures
Aug 20, 2010

My first bag for the G1, kit lens and 20mm was a ThinkTank Holster 10. It is a well constructed bag but limited in what can be carried.

With a growing collection of lens and extras I started searching for a bigger bag. I wanted it as small as possible for what I needed while offering protection and the ability to sling it over a shoulder and shoot out of it.

After much searching and comparing at price points from $250 down, I decided that the humble and low priced ($39.99) Tamrac Explorer 2 might fit the bill.

It offers a reasonable level of protection, has a zipper closed top under the buckled flap, and decent flexibility. i also purchased the Tamrac medium sized flash pocket that secures to the Explorer 2 with room for another accessory case on the other end. The lens pocket is perfect for the Oly FL36R with diffuser and room for a case with 4 extra AAs. I did replace the lace-on shoulder strap with a much more comfortable swiveling snap-on Op/TECh.

The four lens listed below fit well in their soft cases with any one of them being able to be mounted and fit in the center of the three divided compartments.

What I fit in this case:
G1
14-45mm , 20mm, 45-200mm 7-14mm; any one of them mounted

Fl-36R Flash in accessory pocket, flash stand, stofen , Oly reflector, case with 4AAs
Filter case, covers for body and lens rear,
2 lens pens, and cloth,
Cactus wireless remote shutter releae, camera to TV cables
OP/TECH wrist strap and harness.

There is still room for a few small items with out it bulging.

Pictures from wife's Cannon SD4000, not bad for what is is.

Hope this helps someone else in their search. Pictures from wife's Cannon SD4000

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow