Started Aug 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ci-lee
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Canon S90/95 Underwater Housings
Aug 20, 2010

Even though it's a mild update, and I agree with most that its not "worth" it, I do plan on selling my S90 and going to the S95. The HD-video update was the one thing I really wanted to add to my S90 but the addition of better IS for macros and the multi-aspect modes are also a big plus. I've had my S90 since the launch and really have liked it more than my old LX3 purely b/c of the control ring and overall intuitive operation. Its my permanent everyday/light travel camera which is why I bought the WP-DC35 underwater housing for it.

So when the specs/pics came out for the S95, I was stoked b/c it looks as if the S90 housing could fit the S95. Unfortunately, Canon Tech Support replied to my inquiry stating that they will not be compatible! Part of me thinks its a standard Canon response to sell more units but I don't know....

I've noticed all the differences and with the exception of the "RING FUNC" and "ON/OFF" buttons being swapped (and slighty different shapes) there doesn't appear to be any change that would compromise the rubber buttons and contact points. Any thoughts?

-- hide signature --

ci-lee

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow