Started Aug 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ELTY4
Regular MemberPosts: 141
Like?
GH1 - my opinion
Aug 17, 2010

My GH1 is just a few days old and already i am thinking its such a truly ground breaking or revolutionary camera for me and exciting camera. Here's why:

• the mirrorless camera avoids mirror slap. I can shoot handheld pictures finally.

• the phase focus system has 2 huge advantages : 1) lenses don't need to be calibrated as focusing is from the real sensor now, 2) i can move the focus point to any where i want the focus point to be in the picture. And it's a focusing system that really works - finally!

The GH1 is so light i can now use a very much lighter tripod also - this is a very understated benefit. i've even being doing closeups on the Manfrotto modo tripod. If i was using the canon 50D and the 100 macro lens i'll have to use the Manfrotto 190 which is probablyh 3 x the weight of the modo.

The GH1 can also take a killer video. this is coming from someone whose got the Canon HFS10. With the good 20mm prime, my family films now look very cinematic. I could never come close to that with the HFS10. I also really really really like the focus lock capability when filming, otherwise the focus will hunt.

The GH1 can be a small camera - if you've got really manly hands it could be fiddly.

I feel panasonic engineers have certainly put a lot of thought and pretty much included every userful features into the GH1. I'm thankful for that.

These are my current thoughts about the camera - its so good i'm wondering maybe i should get a 2nd one just for keeps.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow