ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
humuk
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Canon 5D Mk II and professional microphones
Aug 16, 2010

Hi,

We're a music production company trying to put together some promo videos for our website. The main content will be video interviews/talking heads with our composers/clients.

We have the 5D Mk II, and of course have professional microphones/pre-amps etc. However, recoding audio to digital cameras/video camera's is new to us and I hoped someone may be able to point me in the right direction for getting good quality audio. The previous video camera we had came with XLR inputs, so we could go straight into the camera from the microphone, but I'm aware that the 5D has an unbalanced stereo 3.5mm mini jack instead.

I've done some research into how to connect microphones to the 5D, but am a bit unsure in regards to the impedance matching needed. Our plan is to use an AKG 414 mic, run it through one of our studio mic pre-amps, and then send that feed into the mic input of the 5D, with AGC turned off.

Do you think this would work, or have I missed something really obvious that would make this method unworkable?

Thanks

Jack

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow