Started Aug 16, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ishu
Forum MemberPosts: 96
Like?
Wet camera bag: Best way to dry it out
Aug 16, 2010

I have a "holster-style" camera bag (Tamrac 5683 "Digital Zoom"). While it was in my backpack yesterday, a bottle of water opened and spilled about 8 oz/200mL in and around the camera bag. Luckily, the camera was around my neck at the time; I'll post some of my pictures soon....

All that padding is spongy so that it absorbs impacts, but of course it's also great for absorbing water. Luckily again, I carry a towel with me whenever possible (Ford Prefect was right), so I immediately put it inside the bag to begin absorbing the water, and clipped it to the outside of the backpack in hopes that the outside would evaporate. Later, I used two more hotel hand towels to absorb moisture, and a third when I arrived home last night. The bag was dry-to-the-touch last night, but I've kept it open.

How much more do I need to do to prevent mold and other such? I've kept the camera out of the bag since then, more for the bag than the camera, but your advice would be welcome.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow