ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KSV
KSV
Senior MemberPosts: 2,376Gear list
Like?
I feel fooled
Aug 15, 2010

Half a year ago I have sold all my Pentax gear and went Nikon. But now I feel that I been fooled by Nikon. Really when finally Nikon make full HD video? Everyone does it, even cheapest P&S cameras! Heck, I have Sony digicam that more then 6 y.o. and it does video! So when finally Nikon start catching up with the rest? As I can see now Nikon hopelessly sitting in the dust while the rest are miles ahead!

But perhaps Nikon just far more clever then everyone else and preparing big surprise for everyone? For example it would be great to have HD digital TV in Nikon’s DSLR. Why not? Almost everything here. And you can catch-up with your favorite footy team match while shooting yet another boring assignment. Also fail to see why it is impossible to add mobile Internet with embedded IE and Firefox. Then I can surf Dpreview anytime to see who is doing highest resolution video in DSLR right this minute. Also great to watch (and post!) YouTube clips at 5616 x 3744 x 60 fps (come on! everyone deserve fidelity and if it is here, why do not use it?). Digital radio perhaps unnecessarily because we can listen to Internet radio, but how about CB radio? Surely useful to have. EPRB (with GPS of course!) would be welcome addition for everyone, but most so for hikers. And since we have Internet, good quality speakers and mic should be added – does not cost that much, but open whole new door for Skype users – they can video-chat using proper HD video instead of those dodgy webcams.

Also I have a look and discover that hole where battery gets inserted in my D700 has almost ideal shape for bottle opener. Just reshape it a bit and you can open beer anywhere, just need remove battery! Sadly that such bright idea did not struck Nikon engineers yet!

I just re-read my post and have realized that I can get almost everything from iphone. Damn! Why I have not got iphone instead of D700?!? But frankly no bottle opener and I fail to see place where it can be embedded. Probably better to pray that Nikon will read my message and next DSLR from them will be much better than this outdated piece of cr@p D700 that cannot even shoot video!

I call all of you to employ our collective brain – I may well miss other vital addition. And once we got consensus we can write a letter to Nikon, because we want our camera be the best!

PS. If you cannot get sarcasm, please disregard this message.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow