Location tips for Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Taos

Started Aug 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 11,680
Like?
Re: Location tips for Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Taos
In reply to b33g33, Aug 13, 2010

b33g33 wrote:

Robyn: cool! Thanks for the tip. I will see if we can work it in. My fiancee will be doing some research in some of the Pueblos near ABQ, so I think we'll be headed in that general direction anyways.

Taos Pueblo and Acoma Pueblo are the most memorable, and probably most visited. I recommend them both. Acoma is a Hopi pueblo on top of a mesa to the west of Albuquerque. That is the opposite direction from Madrid. However, if you want to take a back road route between Albuquerque and Santa Fe, going through Madrid should be interesting.

This might be useful regarding pueblos.
http://www.indianpueblo.org/19pueblos/index.html

Taos Pueblo is the most iconic of the mulit-story pueblos. Most of the photos you see of adobe architecture with a wooden pole ladder were probably shot at Taos.

Zumi Pueblo was known for inlay jewelry at the time.

San Ildefonso Pueblo sticks in my mind, but I can't recall why. A friend may have known someone there.

I recall going to Laguna Pueblo, but that was to visit a specific person to see rugs.

Steve: Thanks. Very useful. I'd love to go see a ghost town.

Wish I'd known about them while I was there. For some reason, no one in the Photography Dept. ever talked about ghost towns, and there was no Google...

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow