Sigma 10-20 to Sigma 8-16.... Would you, Could you, Should you?

Started Aug 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
CrewDog
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
Re: Sigma 10-20 to Sigma 8-16.... Would you, Could you, Should you?
In reply to Dan_168, Aug 12, 2010

Dan,

Thanks for the colorful commentary (pun intended) and also the rectilinear explanation.

Back on topic, I have experienced buyers remorse from the minute I pulled the trigger on the 10-22 since all indications are that the 8-16 is sharper and, of course wider. That said, I also look forward to trying shooting dramatically-lit landscapes like sunrises/sets where I'd enjoy the capability of a GND filter or perhaps a CP for some "pop"--that is, if I can compose a shot where the sky stays evenly saturated, so maybe not all the way out to 10mm.

My verdict is that I've got to give the 10-22 a try. I've read good things about it, too. Maybe one of these years, we'll all be shooting a 5DIV with a Canon 12-24mm f/2 L IS (I'm dreaming here...) but for now, I need a UWA, and no threads on the 8-16 was the deal breaker.

Edit: But maybe I should try a Sigma 8-16 before my two weeks runs out! Straight lines at 8mm sounds nice...

Ryan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow