Sigma 10-20 to Sigma 8-16.... Would you, Could you, Should you?

Started Aug 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
Dan_168
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,765
Like?
Re: Sigma 10-20 to Sigma 8-16.... Would you, Could you, Should you?
In reply to CrewDog, Aug 12, 2010

CrewDog wrote:

Dan_168 wrote:

... don't feel like bring the D3, 1DS2 or 1D2, ...

... on my D300 ...

Dan,

Since you appear to use an impressive variety of bodies & lenses of both makes, I couldn't help but ask your thoughts on Canon v. Nikon color rendition.

Apologies for the off-topic post. I'm actually researching UWAs while my Canon 10-22 is on its way....

Ryan

Ryan,

Let's not start a Canon Vs. Nikon war here, ( we already have too many of those ) and I am well aware I am in the Canon forum now, so whatever I said here is pure a PERSONAL preference from a clueless guy, hahaha, that's all. so people don't need to scream at me.

With that being said, to answer your question, I think with proper PP skill, I think you can pretty much achieve whatever end result you want as far as color's concerned from any of those camera I mentioned. I am not a photoshop lover but just a "lazy snap-shooter" :), I rather spend more time out there hiking, climbing, snowboarding and shooting instead of Post Processing in front of a computer, My work flow can't get any simpler, shoot raw, do a simple RAW conversion with DPP or Capture NX2, with very little PP like exposure correction, WB correction, that's about it. so say straight out of the camera without color adjustment, with my cameras, I really like those green came out of my Canon bodies and I seem to like the reds from my Nikon more than the Canon. I believe the Canon gives me a cooler image while the Nikon is normally warmer, again, that's straight out of the camera, and to my own eyes only, other people will tell you something different.

As for the UWA, I had that 10-22 before for my 20D, but again at that time I have no other option, but since the 8-16 is here and I have played with my friends copy and I really really like it, I just love NONE Fisheye UWA, so 12MM equivalent vs 16MM is a big deal to me, also the sigma has amazing corner sharpness, it's also a rectilinier lens while the 10-22 is not.therefore I am getting the Sigma 8-16 for my T2i.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow