Started Aug 10, 2010 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,254Gear list
Like?
Re: Is THIS sharp enough?
In reply to Rinneh, Aug 12, 2010

Rinneh wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Agreed. This is a good image at that aperture. The NEX body with legacy lenses is a good implementation for this sensor.

All it needs is IBIS! (and maybe a hot shoe)

I do not get it why people want IBIS so badly. The stabilization in lenses are far superior. The image on the viewfinder or LV are less shaky because of that and the range of shake reduction is large. Next to that the stabilization is specially calibrated for the lens itself. The only problem i can think of is using it with legacy lenses.

Well, I think that is what tedolf was talking about. I would expect that native Nex lenses will be OSS for the most part, and probably a moot point.

but heck...back in the days of those lenses there wasn't any stabilization either.

IBIS worked on the Alpha DSLRs, and thus it came for "free" with all of your old Minolta lenses. It's not an unreasonable request. Maybe Sony will put it in a future model.

Nex has a couple of work-arounds to mitigate the situation a bit (higher ISO still looks good, and I guess you can use AWB, although it's not as good as a stabilized lens).
--
Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow