Sigma 10-20 to Sigma 8-16.... Would you, Could you, Should you?

Started Aug 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
LSHorwitz1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,232Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 10-20 to Sigma 8-16.... Would you, Could you, Should you?
In reply to martin brech, Aug 11, 2010

martin brech wrote:

LSHorwitz1 wrote:

Polarizers will not work on a lens which has such a wide angle of coverage, since the polarization changes its phase / angle over the huge field of view seen by the 8mm focal length.

Larry

thank you. Do you think that for a 10mm lens polarizer are also useless?
--
http://picasaweb.google.com/vcx123456/

I really don't know.

I have personally used polarizers only on lenses which are not ultra-wide, but have seen other comments and opinions stating that 8mm is beyond any constant polarizarization.

I would imagine that the specific subject makes a very big difference. An 8mm wide shot of ocean, beach, and sky lit by the sun near sunset at the horizon would be a far different situation from a tall skyscraper shot with noon-day sun overhead lighting.

The 8mm coverage is truly beyond anything I have encountered, and it is so easy to get my shoes into a shot if I am not careful. It really takes some getting used to, and I never have really experimented much with circular polarizers. I am certainly interested to hear what others have learned and can offer on this topic.

Larry

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow