Like?
Re: Why Mac then?
In reply to noirdesir, Aug 10, 2010

noirdesir wrote:

mamallama wrote:

noirdesir wrote:

art1sta wrote:

I dont understand.

If you need Windows to run a handfull of apps, but prefer a Mac for all other apps, wouldn't that be a reason to get a Mac?

Depends on the App. If it's a simple, small demanding program like Quicken for Windows that many Mac users seem to want, just buy an inexpensive Windows Laptop.

I just helped my sister-in-law buy a $300 full-featured 15.6" Toshiba Laptop for just that purpose. Sure it only has a Celeron CPU and not a super fast i-Core processor. But more than adequate. She's a Mac person but wanted something to better keep track of her finances.

Now, she has virtually a dedicated machine mostly for her finances with a $57 Hitachi 500GB external drive for backup. (She also carries it to the kitchen to watch Korean Soap Dramas while she is cooking). For $357, sure beats trying to double dip her Mac.

Or she could get a Windows license and VirtualBox and have the same result, except not having to deal with two computers.

Coulda, woulda. But, really, do you think that is a better solution? But then it would be more difficult to carry her iMac to the kitchen to watch those K Dramas. ;(

There's nothing wrong with having more than one computer. Sometimes, it's even better. Like tools, a dedicated one is often more capable than a general purpose one.

-- hide signature --

mamallama

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow