ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
greg1701
Regular MemberPosts: 489
Like?
***Mini Challenge #256: The Best Photos I Ever Took***
Aug 10, 2010

Mini Challenge #256: The Best Photos I Ever Took

Thanks On2Art for hosting the last challenge...

The subject for this week's The Best Photos I Ever Took.... whilst watching a show on Food Network called "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" the idea for a future challenge was born... and then a week later here we are!

Ultimately, if a power surge wiped out all but a few photos on your hard drive, which ones would you want to be spared the most... (you can submit up to three)

The challenge will end in one week, on Tuesday, August 17th at 8 pm Pacific Daylight Time.

The Rules

The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going. You post your image(s).

The host chooses the winner. The decision of the judge (the host) is final. The judge is not eligible. The winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner, and passes on the baton to that person.

Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera.

You can do all the post processing you want. However, it is most helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo (because we like to know)

Feel free to comment on other contestant’s images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, put an asterisk next to the title of the image.
Here are some posting guidelines:

When posting your picture, change the Subject of your post to display your picture titles. This way, when someone comments (i.e. replies), it will refer specifically to you. If all entries read "Re: Mini Challenge xxx"... it would be very boring to scan the list.

Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website).

You may enter up to 3 pictures, but try to put them within a single post. Please give a title to each photo - this makes it easier to differentiate when giving comments.

Please size your photo no bigger than around 1200 pixels on the longest dimension.

This is to let those with smaller monitors to see your image at full resolution.

Please limit the file size of your entries to conserve bandwidth.

As a show of courtesy, and to save bandwidth, please remove the original post when replying, so you don't bring back any previous photos.

Previous Mini-Challenges:
201 Patterns
202 Silhouettes
203 Thrill of the moment
204 Outdoor Pursuits
205 Architecture
206 Candid Portrait
207 Portraiture
208 Event shooting
209 The Flame does it!
210 Dramatic Clouds
211 Reflections
212 Cityscapes and Skyscrapers
213 Fun in the Sun
214 Three
215 Postcard
216 Emotions
217 Rest and relaxation
218 Wildlife
219 Sweet & Sour
220 Long Exposures
221 Fall
222 Automobiles
223 Occupations
224 Sports
225 Camera on the ground
226 City Life
227 On the Beach
228 Minimalistic
229 Edited
230 Trees
231 Construction
232 Snow
233 Something Old
234 Get Over It!
235 Broken!
236 Valentine's Day
237 Where do you want to be?
238 HDR
239 Abstract
240 Signs of Spring
241 Water
242 Small World
243 The Golden Hour
244 Round and around.
245 Candid Street Photography
246 Innocence
247 Classics in 2010
248 Leading Lines
249 Old
250 Sunrise/Sunset
251 Joy/Happiness
252 Don't need No introductions
253 Compositional Balance
254 Distorted Perspective
255 Still Life With A Difference
256 The Best Photos I Ever Took

My two "entries" if I was eligible...

Invesco Storm

Denver Skyline Rainbow

Good luck!
Greg

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MineNew
JimNew
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow