GF1 P.A.S.M Movie Modes now Available!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started Jul 20, 2010 | Discussions thread
mikerivera
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Re: GF1 P.A.S.M Movie Modes now Available!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In reply to ashatron, Aug 9, 2010

ashatron wrote:

mikerivera wrote:

mikerivera wrote:

So to use on my GF1, do I actually load the hacked firmware from the GH1 or do I try to run the PTool hack on the GF1 firmware that I have to download form the Panasonic site?

Is there a link to "simple" instructions on how to do this for a GF1 (everything I read says GH1)?

I'm able to run PTools and see the GH1 firmware within PTools, but don't understand what to do to get it on the GF1.

Thanks,

• Mike

After a few hours I got it downloaded and working. Thanks!

• Mike

what did you do in the end mike? im about to try it myself you see

1. I downloaded the latest GF1 firmware update from the Panasonic website as well as the PTool software from here: http://www.gh1-hack.info/ptool3d.zip

2. I then put them both in the same directory, ran Ptool, and loaded the firmware into Ptool.

3. I then selected all the boxes I wanted to hack and saved the new firmware in the root directory of an SD card.

4. I put the card into the camera, turned it on, and pressed the play button "> ". It uploaded the new firmware and I now can select P, A, S, or M via the video menu. As soon as you move the top control wheel it goes back to standard Panasonic default video.

I have a Mac, so I had to do all this from within Parallels (runs Windows on a Mac), but it worked fine.

Works great - good luck!

• Mike

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow