Started Aug 7, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alberto Battelli
Regular MemberPosts: 331Gear list
Like?
Oly 410 or Pen2 or Panny GF1
Aug 7, 2010

Over the past several years I have gradually been scaling down the weight I'm willing to carry on vacation. Going from large pro Canons to Olympus ( via Pentax).

As I'm preparing for our yearly trip to Italy, I've decided to leave the E620, 14-54, 50-200, etc home but take instead the E410 with pankake and kit lenses.

Then, this stupid idea of consolidating even further and go with a micro 4/3 kit.

If I go that route, I've come to the conclusion that it would be either a Pen2 or a Panasonic GF1. EXCEPT, they cost a nice bundle.

So to my question: is it worth it? Should I just go with what I have or hit B&H in the morning?

I like the looks of the EP2, and the viewfinder for it, but I prefer the 20mm of the Panasonic. Also, please confirm, if I use 4/3 lenses with an adaptor on an EP2 or GF1 I will lose the autofocus? That would mean that I have to buy micro 3/4 lenses for the trip.

What advice can you give me? I wouldn't mind someone making a strong argument against this whole idea and talk me out of it. Because I know, it's not the equipment, it's the photographer, and if I were smart I would just stay with the 410...
Thanks. Sorry for the long winded question..
--
GMT -5
'No Man Is Rich Enough To Buy Back His Past'

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow