Best Walk Around/ Travel Lens : Canon Vs Tamron

Started Aug 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
jayboo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,341Gear list
Like?
Re: Best Walk Around/ Travel Lens : Canon Vs Tamron
In reply to Porterj, Aug 6, 2010

Yes - I did use the 18-135 briefly -only sold because I have the Canon 18-200 - similar IQ - both do the job of travel/everyday lens for me. When I can take more than one lens I will take my 17-55 and 70-200, but I am no pixel peeper, don't think I will ever have competition winning ability, do not envisage earning a living from photography and therefore remain happy and content with results from either 18-135 or 18-200. For low light you have your 50 1.8 and that can always be smuggled in somewhere in your luggage.

Yes - you may decide you no longer need your 18-55 but there is always fleabay - funds would cover good polariser and hood, leaving change for a nice glass of wine on your travels.

You can probably find some images in my gallery taken with the 18-135 - and others will have many posted.
Whatever you decision - enjoy!
--
Jayboo

jayboo's gear list:jayboo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 650D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow