If Size Really Matters, What’s the Meaning of Micro-4/3 Now?

Started Aug 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Khun_K Contributing Member • Posts: 764
Re: If Size Really Matters, What’s the Meaning of Micro-4/3 Now?

The race over size will eventually halt once the size of camera no longer comfortable to hold and use, just like those tiny mobile phones few years ago. It is a matter of time when technology allow larger sensor in a smaller package, took example of the Contax T2/T3 and Minolta TC-1 in the film day, they are tiny full frame camera, with small but excellent lens.

I use both GF1 and NEX5, and I think both of camera with good size, I cannot say a little bit smaller is better or a little bit bigger is not good, because, at all, you need to put a lens and eventually more lenses onto it and the size of camera body does not matter as much. But, larger sensor will always have its quality advantage over smaller sensor. I like the operation efficiency of GF1, I think SONY tried to save cost to make NEX rely too much on electronic menu, so for still, I would still prefer GF1 today, but this might change quickly towards Fotokina when no double all makers will intorduce their answer of this trend.

SDF wrote:

Read comparison below:

http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/2010/07/if-size-really-matters-whats-meaning-of.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RiceHigh+%28RiceHigh%27s+Pentax+Blog%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Khun_K's gear list:Khun_K's gear list
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Phase One Capture One Pro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SDF
SDF
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow