If Size Really Matters, What’s the Meaning of Micro-4/3 Now?

Started Aug 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
Khun_K
Contributing MemberPosts: 761Gear list
Like?
Re: If Size Really Matters, What’s the Meaning of Micro-4/3 Now?
In reply to SDF, Aug 6, 2010

The race over size will eventually halt once the size of camera no longer comfortable to hold and use, just like those tiny mobile phones few years ago. It is a matter of time when technology allow larger sensor in a smaller package, took example of the Contax T2/T3 and Minolta TC-1 in the film day, they are tiny full frame camera, with small but excellent lens.

I use both GF1 and NEX5, and I think both of camera with good size, I cannot say a little bit smaller is better or a little bit bigger is not good, because, at all, you need to put a lens and eventually more lenses onto it and the size of camera body does not matter as much. But, larger sensor will always have its quality advantage over smaller sensor. I like the operation efficiency of GF1, I think SONY tried to save cost to make NEX rely too much on electronic menu, so for still, I would still prefer GF1 today, but this might change quickly towards Fotokina when no double all makers will intorduce their answer of this trend.

SDF wrote:

Read comparison below:

http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/2010/07/if-size-really-matters-whats-meaning-of.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RiceHigh+%28RiceHigh%27s+Pentax+Blog%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Khun_K's gear list:Khun_K's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow