ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fasoman
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
Amazing HDR mode on FZ 35: forest exemples from US Northwest Pacific
Aug 4, 2010

Hi,

just returned from a fabulous 4 week trip of (mainly) Oregon and Washington State with my new FZ35. First, let me say that FZ35 is amazing in standrad modes. I will post some more images on the Oregon coast in another thread to show what I mean. Sharpness, colours.. everything is very fine. Speed surely is not perfect for caputuring a jumping orca, but most of the time I didn't regret to leave the DSLR at home, quite on the contrary. But what stroke me most:

I was amazed what results I got with the so called HDR mode, be it standard, B+W or ART. I know its not a real HDR mode and you should not watch the details in original size, but, hey, in siutations with "impossible" light conditions or in dull lightning conditions this mode produced some stunnig results. Some might find the colours too strong - I love them. Just wanted to share these:

Jeddidah Smith Redwoods, North California. Believe it or not: only the HDR was able to repriduce the glowing of the light and the subtilities of the green:

The swamp at Longmire with Mount Rainier, 7 o clock in the morning, impossible dynamic range:

From a Mount rainier trail. P mode or Ia just gave dull results, this one shows the colours in a very saturated, but as-it-was-way:

The maples at Quinault Rain Forest, Olympic NP, in ART mode:

And, to leave the forests:

Second beach of La Push, Olympic coast, on a very grey day (as usual up there). Pictures in standard modes came out totally boring. here is ART mode:

Comments wellcome,

Stefan

Germany

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow