Some recent D700 B&W photos (16-35 & 85 f1.4)

Started Aug 4, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbramham
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,227Gear list
Like?
Some recent D700 B&W photos (16-35 & 85 f1.4)
Aug 4, 2010

I've really been enjoying using my new D700 and 16-35vr lens for my usual landscape photos - it's been great to have a more weather resistant set-up than my old D40 and Sigma 10-20 and not having to worry so much about photographing in the rain and blowing sand on the beach.

I've recently switched this week to using a Lee 'Big Stopper' nd filter rather than my well used 10 stop' B+W' filter - it's a lot easier to work with and I'm planning on using it conjuction with a new 2 stop Lee nd grad....a hard edge one as I found the soft edge one difficult - the grad line wasn't distinct enough.

I've also started experimenting with shallow depth of field. The great control over depth of field that full frame cameras like the D700 offer has been a revelation....so much so that I've bought a Nikon 85 f1.4 lens to explore this side of photography more.

Ian
http://ianbramham.com/
http://ianbramham.aminus3.com/ (Photoblog)

1 - "Surf Break" (16 stops of B+W nd filter - Exposure 2 mins; Aperture f/5.6; Focal Length 31 mm)

Photographed in a howling gale using a Manfrotto 055cxpro3 tripod and 498RC2 ballhead!

2- "Blackpool - Under the Pier" (10 stop Lee 'Big Stopper' nd filter; Exposure 90 secs; Aperture f/16.0; Focal Length 16 mm)

3 - "Blackpool - The Roller Coaster"

4 - "Dancing Daisies"

5 - "Lighthouse, Point of Ayr" (Exposure 90 seconds; 16 stops of B+W nd filte; Aperture f/8.0; Focal Length 35 mm)

6 - "Two Pears". Photographed with a Nikon 85 f1.4 lens - (yes I know it's not a macro lens but it's brand new and I had the lens on the camera!)

ianbramham's gear list:ianbramham's gear list
Nikon D800
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow