Started Aug 4, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
itdock
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
More fastish primes, please!
Aug 4, 2010

For a photographer that already has heavy, large aperture pro zooms... what I really want is a small camera (my GF-1!) and small, lightweight, and fast prime lenses!

I have no need for more heavy fast zooms, if I wanted that there's my Canon gear. What I want are prime lenses of medium speeds (f/2.0-f/2.8) that are lightweight and tack sharp at maximum aperture. More lenses like the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, please!

I have no use for long slow zooms, especially on current 4/3 cameras which don't have the best performance at high ISO. I don't want lenses that always have to be stopped down to get to get usable sharpness. I don't want more heavy fast expensive zoom lenses, I already have those. The ideal compromise of performance, speed, weight, and size are key here!

I specifically want a 12mm f/2.8 and a 40-50mm f/2.0 with OIS. If I could get those life would be good. Very, very good. Oh and a couple more stops of dynamic range and better high ISO performance would be great, too.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow