ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pjai
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
E-PL1 Dead after 1 day
Aug 3, 2010

First time posting.

Just got my E-PL1 on Monday, everything was working fine to start off with. So i checked the firmware version of the camera, it showed body v 1.1 and lens (14-42mm kit len) v 1.0 .

I know 1.1 was the latest firmware for the body, but on the olympus site it says there is a newer version of firmware for the lens, since it is to improve AF, i thought it will be worthwhile to update.

So, i downloaded the OM updater program, plug the camera in. Initially windows didnt pick up the camrea, but after a few tries it finally did. After detecting my camera (with lens attached), a table tat poped up from the program saying tat my body has the latest firmware and no upgrade is need. However, the table did not show anything regarding the lens. So, it appears that the programe did nothing to the camera.

However, I when i tried to snap some photos, the camera goes into blank screen (blank but the interface remains) and it is not picking up the lens is attached to it. I dont know what went wrong :/ i could still change the modes and go into setting mode etc, but obviosuly cant shoot any photos. I go into the firmware screen on the camera, and it only shows the body version, and not the lens, so it's not picking up the lens being attached to the body. And when i start the camera up with the lens NOT extended, it doens tpop up with the message of plz extend the lens out etc.. so yea.. dead..

Any ideas?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow