Leica x1, talk me out of it (keep my DP2)?

Started Aug 3, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
k2racer
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
Leica x1, talk me out of it (keep my DP2)?
Aug 3, 2010

Dear all,

I confess, lately i have been lurking around in the Leica user forum and have been pixel peeping leica x1 pictures on the net.

Why? First I like Aperture and my DP1 and DP2 (both early versions) are not adapted.
Second, I would love to even more simplify my shooting

Third, it is a Leica; I'll be honest this is highly subjective and I cannot find a good reason behind it.

What i noticed about the x1 files: High iso is magnificent, b/w also. Resolution is great, but I tried Double Output from SPP and it was nearly as good...

Since, the Foveon files give such a distinctive look, I try to find that in Leica too. I think there is no other brand that comes close. The JPEG out of the x1 camera are really good.

So, are there fellow Sigma shooters that can help and justify my desire, or talk me out of this and prove that my DP2 can do as good? (my dp1 really falls short in higher iso, i use that mainly for landscapes)

best! (please see my Flickr, if you would like to judge my photographic style, to see if x1 would fit)

ronald

k2racer's gear list:k2racer's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Sigma DP2 Sigma DP1 Nikon 1 V1
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow