Does Anyone NOT Use Software to Organize Photo's?

Started Aug 2, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hotelfive
Regular MemberPosts: 283
Like?
Does Anyone NOT Use Software to Organize Photo's?
Aug 2, 2010

I'm getting the sense that I'm the weirdo here. I recently came from a PC where I kept all of my photos organized in a single folder on my desktop called "My Photos". I then had folders inside this folder to maintain my organization (ie "Holidays", "Camping Trips", etc). I have a fairly large library of photos (over 27,000) and found this the best way to keep them organized.

When I switched to Mac I thought Id try Aperture for its Library and organization abilities. I tried it and I just don't like it. I also tried Lightroom and have the same feelings. I find that it is much easier to just have well organized folders on my desktop and to access and view / organize my photos from there. I don't like how in Aperture or Lightroom the files and libraries need to be synced etc after changes have been made to files that have already been edited. I find I never really know which version of my photo is where (and I do understand how these programs deal with Versions and masters etc).

I dunno am I the only one who finds it easier to do it this way?

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow