Can Pannies "take the heat"?

Started Aug 1, 2010 | Discussions thread
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 12,736
Like?
Re: Thanks so much everyone
In reply to kiwigirl, Aug 2, 2010

kiwigirl wrote:

That sounds really reassuring! I thought the FZ50 and TZ7 would be the two to take without lugging along heaps of gear that will not get used - and hopefully they will cope just fine.

One thing I WON'T do though is place the camera, bag and all, in a ziplock bag. I did that once when caught in a shower and was horrified to later find the plastic bag dripping with condensation. The camera bag wasn't actually wet to start with, but being padded I guess it was naturally absorbent. Next time the camera will go in on its own!

Good thinking! If there is moisture on anything you place in such a sealed environment, it becomes a little "Hothouse", which is why I keep my pocket camera in a loose plastic bag - keeps dust, lint & general moisture out, but is ventilated.

I think I will store the Tizzy in a hard case and the FZ in a cloth bag while over there, and stay clear of spongy bags that hold moisture?

And yes, after shooting a friend's wedding I know how hard work it is and I will be leaving it to the professional - with maybe a couple of snaps thrown in for good luck!

So thank you all for your reassurance. It's good to hear that Pannies take great shots all over the world!

And - you didn't ask, but these cameras can also take a remarkable amount of banging around, too.

-Erik

-- hide signature --

DP Review Supporter.

'He who hesitates is not only lost - he's miles from the next Exit.'
http://www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow