dslr replaced with TZ7

Started Jul 30, 2010 | Discussions thread
Effzeeone
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,629
Like?
Interesting...
In reply to Donald M Mackinnon, Aug 1, 2010

Interesting experiment! I hope it works out for you. I went from a DSLR to a FZ50 and I was rather happy for over two years. I did recently go back to a different DSLR.

One thing I noticed is that although you seem to want a superzoom (or a DSLR with a long lens), the photos you posted are mostly wide, no? Back when I had my FZ50 I came across a thread in one of the DPR forums that linked to an application that analyzed your entire photo archive. One of the results you get is average focal length, and I was very surprised to discover that a vast majority of my shots with my 12x zoom FZ50 were under 40mm. Considering the FZ50's lens starts at 35mm, that pretty much told me that I'm not the superzoomer I always thought I was.

So now I have my new DSLR with the long kit lens (about 83-450mm equiv) and then I replaced the shorter kit lens with something better (27-75mm equiv). The shorter lens is practically glued to my DSLR, and only occasionally does the long kit lens see the light of day (and it's a really good lens considering it's a kit lens). I'm curious to see what lens would stay on my DSLR if I bought something like the Sigma 10-20mm (15-30mm equiv).

It would seem that I've really started leaning toward more wide angle photography and I wonder if you aren't doing (or will do) the same....?

-- hide signature --

Chris
Effzeeone now has a...PentaxKayEx ???!!! WHAT?!
(Gear in profile)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow