ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kiwigirl
Senior MemberPosts: 1,375Gear list
Like?
Can Pannies "take the heat"?
Aug 1, 2010
-- hide signature --

My daughter gets married in Rarotonga next February and though there will be an official photographer, of course I'd like to get some nice shots myself! But I've been told that that is the hottest, most humid time of the year and I've heard stories of digital cameras dying in these conditions. Friends told us that both their camera and video camera died on a trip there a couple of years ago.

Googling the topic brings comments about cameras that failed, and yet others who claim no problems with their gear.

I have the L1, FZ50 and TZ7. The most obvious all-rounder would be the FZ50 with its great zoom and ability to attach a flash, but it's the one I'd find hardest to replace. The TZ7 is still around and there are plenty of good DSLRs out there but the feature set of the FZ50 is much harder to replicate. I've even thought about dusting off my old film compact! I'm collecting all the silica gel sachets I come across, but am wondering what the track record of Pannies is in these conditions.

Anybody taken their cameras to such places - and lived to tell the tale?

kiwigirl's gear list:kiwigirl's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow