Started Jul 31, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lasse Eisele
Senior MemberPosts: 1,574
Like?
Pictures from Gotland
Jul 31, 2010

For those of you who didn't know it already, Gotland is a lovely Swedish island in the Baltic sea. The entire island is built up by limestone, which makes for a very special flora. There's lots to see and the weather is generally better than in mainland Sweden.

I recently spent two weeks there with my wife and it was great as always, although the weather was a bit too "good" for my liking (clear blue skies most of the time – the worst shooting weather I can think of).

I brought a lot of camera gear, including a Nikon D300 with several lenses, an E-P1 with 9-18, 14-42, 45-200 and a Canon G9. However, partly due to the weather conditions, most of the equipment stayed in the hut or the car and never got used. The 9-18 never left my E-P1 and was used for a good half of all shots. Similarly, the Tamron 90 macro lens was almost glued to my D300 and was used for flowers mostly. I also picked up the G9 a few times when I wanted more reach.

Here are some images taken with the E-P1 and mZ 9-18.

1) Lady's Bedstraw (Galium verum) on one of two cloudy days.

2) Bad weather was on its way the very last day. I love those clouds.

3) These freestanding cliffs are called "rauks" on Gotland. Don't know what they're called in English. The big one that reminds me of a camel is one of the most well-known rauks.

4) Same place on another day. I like this one better.

5) Goldmoss Stonecrop on a cliffwall. Who says you can't shoot flowers with a wide angle?

6) More rauks in late evening light.

7) Same rauks taken with the G9 (sorry, but I liked this one).

8) This fisherman took us to a small island.

9) This place has been used by fishermen for a long time. Don't think it's used anymore.

10) There are plenty of windmills on Gotland.

11) Cliffs from "the rauk coast".

Thanks for looking
Lasse

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow