Started Jul 30, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Donald M Mackinnon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,403Gear list
Like?
dslr replaced with TZ7
Jul 30, 2010

I have today started using a TZ7 which is now the only camera I own. Over the past three years I have struggled with the weight, expense, and size of a dslr on the one hand, and the drop in IQ of a compact, but then who hasn't.

It came to a head over the last few weeks and I sold my dslr and lenses, along with my compacts, LX3 - not enough reach, and G10 - too big: (if a compact is ever produced with its IQ and a 25-300mm lens it will be a huge seller).

This week has been very difficult without the dslr, not that I would have used it, but just tormenting myself that a compact will never satisfy the photographer in me.

I took delivery of the TZ7 a week ago and left it unopened as I was so undecided about what to do , but I opened it yesterday and went out with it today and here are a few from today.

The lens is very wide, and very sharp. I am pleased with the IQ and hope that I can keep away from dslr's and stick to the TZ7 and get back to enjoying photography.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow