ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KemS
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
UPDATE - Wedding Advice from a non-pro who volunteered
Jul 29, 2010

I am the OP of the original thread alluded to in the subject line
(orig) ( http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1014&message=35720526 )
some of you asked for a "how did it go" update.

The Cliff Notes version: As expected the event was small, informal, and on a budget. The ceremony was scheduled for 7:30, pre-pictures for 6:00. The bride was finally ready at 7:00 and the ceremony kicked off at 7:50. Too little time for a lot of "before" shots. The minister (her grand dad) said at the beginning there would be a little preachin'. True that. Light was quickly running out and ISO's just went up and up.

But all in all it wasn't so bad. It was actually ok. Sure it was 88° at the time of the ceremony, but shoot, this is Texas. It didn't rain. They got married and that's the real objective. They can pour over a couple hundred pictures (out of the 450 I shot) I will have for them by the end of the week. Trust me, the images won't worry any pros who actually know what they are doing. For those of you who expressed an interest in what happened I put up a few of them on ZenFolio: http://kemsmith.zenfolio.com/p761859846 (really, there are only 20, I wouldn't subject the talent here to more). The good news is the B&G get photos of their special day for the cost of the prints from BayPhoto.

Thanks to all who offered words of encouragement. I appreciate your willingness to help. But to answer a possible question: It's pretty unlikely that I will be volunteering again anytime soon.

With appreciation,
Kem

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow