Started Jul 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mikesco
Contributing MemberPosts: 553
Like?
A couple TL350 negatives
Jul 27, 2010

I received my Tl350 yesterday from J&R. So far I really like the camera and definitely plan on keeping it. The 2 negatives that I have found so far is, 1 it seems prone to purple fringing and flare, for the most part the purple fringing is corrected in camera, but you will see it when looking at the RAW files. Also I noticed flare when taking pictures around regular light bulbs, you will see a large purple flare in the center of the image. The bulb doesn't even need to be physically in the picture, it would go away if I used my hand like a hood. Also it did not occur if I aimed the camera even directly into a florescent bulb.

The other thing I found was a bug in the software that disables the ability to choose the various forms of face detection in the various programing modes once it has been set to off. If you turn it on in either one of the scene modes or in the Dual IS mode then you can choose the face detection choice you want in the programming modes.

I do not have time to show any examples at this point, but perhaps some others with the camera can share if they have similar experiences.

Mike Smith

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow