ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ian
Ian
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Qimage Ultimate
Jul 25, 2010

I just wanted to have a bit of a moan about the way Qimage is going. I always got the impression for years that Mike Chaney supported his registered users and was not one of the greedy sort of developers. The recent email about Qimage Ultimate makes me feel that things may be different now. There seems to be no upgrade path from Qimage Studio to Ultimate unless you have bought it very recently, and even then it is only 20%. So if you had bought Studio and you now bought Ultimate the total cost would be about $170. This seems a bit too much to me to someone who uses it just to get better printouts. Also you then have to pay for upgrades to Ultimate after the 1st year. I know most companies do this but I just always felt that Mike was different. I still think Qimage is great and appreciate what Mike has done over the years but just feel a little let down the direction he is going down. I half expect to see an Infinity edition in about 2 years time.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow