Started Jul 24, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Daniel Clune
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,428Gear list
Like?
Tested my Epson R1900 inks cost
Jul 24, 2010

Just bought a Epson R1900 and did 26 8.5 by 11 borderless prints plus one 13 by 19 borderless. Iam out of ink on the gloss Optimizer and cyan is almost gone with magenta on its way out. Picture below is a screen grab of the ink monitor warning. I could change the GLOP and cyan cart but as the magenta is also close it should be changed at same time because it will go almost empty after printer does charging of lines on ALL carts. This printer seems even more of a pig on ink than the R1800 it replaced.

From a simple caculation figuring a total of 29 letter size prints,, 26 plus about 3 more for 13 by19 print so a total of 29 letter size borderless prints at Altrex.com priceing for ink at 11.50 per cart plus shipping makes it $3.65 US per letter sized print. Now if i replace the glop, cyan and magenta i could squeeze a few more prints out of remaining ink and maybe actual cost is a little lower around $3.00 per print. BUT wow thats high !! Ad the cost of paper like say Red River Polar satin or premium glossy and its in the $3.45 per print range. Checking Mpix online pricing for 8.5 by 11 is $2.49 for more than 11 prints. Glad iam going with a InkJetfly CIS.

Just thought i would share what i found on ink usage. At the cost of epson ink they should be giving the R1900 away for free.

-- hide signature --
 Daniel Clune's gear list:Daniel Clune's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Epson Stylus Photo R1900
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow