Started Jul 22, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul Spatafora
Contributing MemberPosts: 883
Like?
Repairing epson 4000
Jul 22, 2010

I have a decision to make. I have a Epson 4000 complete with third party ink system working. I was just told that my 4000 will need a new head and dampers for $1000. At a glance it's a no brainer to buy a new printer but when you drill deeper to get new carts and inks would be much more than just getting a new printer. I would like full capabilities with my printer which would include roll printing and a heavier duty printer. So a 4800 or 4880 would be the preferred choice but they would cost double the cost of repairing the 4000. I looked at the 3880 but I'm not sold on it because of the small carts and no roll capabilities.

I like the 4000 for it's print qualities and seldom print B&W. I like the fact that i don't have to swap out the MK and PK inks and the third party inks saves me a ton of cash. Are the newer prints that much better that would warrant switching to one. Should I fix the printer or buy another one?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow