Can you recommend a tripod with a vertical post that can be swung out horizontally?

Started Jul 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
Stefan Carey
Contributing MemberPosts: 807
Like?
Re: Can you recommend a tripod with a vertical post that can be swung out horizontall
In reply to doak, Jul 22, 2010

Thanks Fred, another really interesting suggestion, probably now more for the benefit of others, as you may have missed it but i bought a used one last night. What shame the stores I looked at did not have yours and all the other excellent suggestions to look at.

cheers and thanks again

doak wrote:

Hi Stefan,

As another posted the Benro carbon flexpod w/ the twist locking mechanism is quite nice and not to expensive (as far as nice carbon pods go). I'm 6'1" tall and the C-298M8 is high enough. Also when I was shopping I lucked into a used Gitzo offcenter head. When going horizontal for closeup work the offcenter head provides lots more positioning flexibility. The ball itself is smaller so maybe not quite as smooth as a head with a larger ball. Regardless I can adjust the friction such that I can reposition my K7, flash & 55-300 w/ raynox and it'll then hold it in place.

Another head that looks interesting are the Manfroto joysticks--really easy to lock/unlock.

cheers,
Fred

-- hide signature --

'Art is not for the cultivated taste. It is to cultivate taste.' (Nikki Giovanni)

http://www.stefancarey.zenfolio.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow