About to sell all my Canon gear and fully convert to m43... anything I should know?

Started Jul 21, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
leafinsectman
Contributing MemberPosts: 763
Like?
About to sell all my Canon gear and fully convert to m43... anything I should know?
Jul 21, 2010

I've trimmed my Canon gear significantly after getting a GF1 and GH1 but I've been scared to go all the way for a while now. It is better in several ways but I haven't touched it in 6 months. I figure, if I ever feel like I need something like it then I'll just buy whatever is new at the time. Or better yet, hopefully the upcoming m43 stuff from Panasonic or Olympus become good enough for me that I won't miss my Canon gear.

I don't particularly need the money but that's around $1500-2000 that I could spend on other stuff. There's a ton of sentimental value there but I really don't like the fact that its just gathering dust when someone else could be making good use of it. Its inevitable, I will sell it sooner or later.

So is there anything I should know about before I pull the trigger? For those of you who have fully converted to m43 (even the ones that ditched it and switched back), what's it like?

This is a pretty big decision for me so thanks in advance for all your responses.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow