Suprised there is not more N-- interest here

Started Jul 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
Gregory Kemp
Contributing MemberPosts: 668
Like?
Re: Gregory .....
In reply to busch, Jul 20, 2010

Hey no problem Busch! I couldnt really believe it either, and I have yet to see a head to head test with NEX-5 vs A700. However, I have read many reviews and looked at tons of samples from the NEX-5. The 14.2MP CMOS sensor in the NEX-5 is a newer better sensor than the A700's 12MP CMOS. I have done some testing of my NEX-5 using just the kit lens, and I can crank the ISO one or two steps higher than my a700 and get a noticeably cleaner image.

I just received my a-mount adapter today and I intend to do a lot of testing using many of my lenses, comparing the NEX-5 to my a700. Based on everything I have seen, I have no reason to doubt that the NEX-5 can take better images than the a700 in low light, and possibly other conditions. The a700 is an awesome cam, but the NEX has 2.5 years of new technological developments on it.

I also dont mean to say that the NEX-5 is a better cam than the a700, its just that there are situations where it can edge it out noticeably. Anyhow...I will be posting my own results as I can.

Greg
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gkemp/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow