ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Derek Bach
Contributing MemberPosts: 856Gear list
Like?
Just received Lens Hood for Oly 9-18mm M4/3 lens
Jul 19, 2010

Hi,

I have recently posted very positive comments on my new M4/3 Oly 9-18mm lens which I have been using on a G1.

After much searching I found a source for the recommended Oly LH55B lens hood on Amazon UK from a German associate supplier and it arrived to day.

It seemed well made and perhaps more substantial than my Oly 4/3 and the Panasonic M4/3 hoods but the price is really silly - 40.00 pound sterling! It is also very small compared, for example, to the 4/3 9-18mm hood (which is huge). It is rectangular with rounded-off corners and (not a petal design).

Unfortunately, it cannot be stored in the reverse position over the lens. It shares this disadvantage with the Panny/Leica 45mm f2.8 Macro. This disadvantage is mitigated in the case of 9-18 hood by its small size. I find it can be left on the lens only adding 10mm to its overall length.

Incidentally, one reason it is hard to find is that it is called a "Sonnenblende" in English on the Amazing UK web site (well I surpose English was/is a dialect of Lower German though we English never admit it!)
Derek

Derek Bach's gear list:Derek Bach's gear list
Ricoh GR +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow