ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hextra12
Forum MemberPosts: 95
Like?
Canon 17-55 or 10-22 ?
Jul 19, 2010

Hello,

I still haven't decided about my next lens for my 7d. Although I got lots of help from the community about the possible wide angle lens options (tokina, sigma, canon), I am still not sure about what to do.

At the moment I have no budget to buy 17-55 AND a wide angle lens. I can choose only one lens. I shoot 95% of my pictures at 18 mm, so I miss the 5% where the wide angle is needed. On the other hand, the 10-22 is around 800 usd where I live and as I need it only for 5% of the photos, I find it very overpriced.

Anyone have a comparsion showing how much wider is the 17 vs 18 ? I think normally I need something like 15 or 16 mm, but probably 17 would be fine.

On the other hand I am also not sure about 17-55. I had one couple months ago, but the pictures I have made with it were not it 8x sharper that a 18-55 IS (as there is 8x price difference). I can see only 10-20% improve in sharpness and IQ between the 17-55 and 18-55 IS (17-55 is better, ofcourse).

Argh... I don't know what to do and what to choose. Can I ask some help, please ?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow